Micro Focus COBOL Developer
Job Title : Micro focus COBOL developer
Locations : Blythewood, SC,Duration : up to 12 months
- Advice on the path to be taken to migrate the CICS/JCL, and fine tuning the Micro Focus Cobol code.
- Support the migration of the systems to other environments including .NET and Cold Fusion.
- Support the migration of databases from VSAM to Oracle 12c
- Responsible for providing technical solutions designing and architecting the applications.
- Work closely with client to understand their business/mission needs and system requirements.
- Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes.
- Work with Technical Lead to aid in coordination of timelines, resources allocation and other activities from an architecture perspective.
- Perform high to mid-level design for new applications projects and actively monitors all applications developments to ensure compatibility with architectural framework at the applications, data, and technology levels.
- Provide programming/analysis services on software developed or used by AFLCMC\HIBB ACPS, FAR Clause Logic, Auto Clause Information (ACI) program, Document Assembly and numerous interfaces).
- Programming is heavily concentrated in Micro Focus Dialog System and Micro Focus Visual COBOL and also requires a specialized knowledge of XML Thunder.
- Provide software engineering services and technical expertise for defining and analyzing system requirements, developing design specifications, translating specifications into programming logic, and testing)
- Provide technical assistance to Help Desk personnel and project managers on problem resolution and troubleshooting of software modules as needed.
- Responsible for developing solutions for engineering studies and client/server or internet/intranet applications, systems engineering, systems integration, architectural design, structured analysis, and object-oriented principles.
- At least 7 years of experience in developing and migrating solutions from a mainframe to modern stack environment.
- Experience managing software development using the Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience and abilities organizing to meet established deadlines and achieve specific goals, including quality control standards
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing with all levels of management, with a diverse workforce, and with customers
- Demonstrated experience implementing ISO and CMMI quality processes and procedures
- Flexible and highly motivated with an excellent ability to establish relationships with and influence complex networks of others
- Knowledge of version and project management software ( i.e. Team Foundation Server, SVN, etc.)
- Must be proficient in in the development of information systems using Micro Focus Dialog System and Micro Focus Visual COBOL in multi developer networked environment. Must be able to debug existing code as well as design and implement new changes using object oriented principles.
- Must be proficient using Visual COBOL in a mixed language environment such as VB, VB.NET and C#.
- Must be proficient with XML Thunder for coding for developing input/output XML files and their associated schemas.
- Must have experience using MS Office Word/Excel automation with in COBOL to import and export data.
- Must have a working knowledge of IBM MQ 8.0 or higher and the ability to read/write messages in the proper format to communicate with other MQ Systems with encryption.
- Must be able to create and maintain Micro Focus Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM) data files, XML Files and Schema’s.
- Must have the ability to generate documents, reports and emails in the following outputs (XML, RTF, TXT, PDF, XLS and MIME).
- Must be experience developing software in structured environment using CMMI level 3 standards.
- Must be proficient defining and analyzing system requirements, developing design specifications, translating specifications into programming logic, peer reviewing and completing all assigned levels of testing and documentation.
- Although knowledge of ACPS or software systems managed by AFLCMC/HIBB is not a prerequisite, it is highly desirable.
Thanks & Regards,
16192, Coastal Highway,
Lewes, Delaware, USA